The Residential Live-In Assistant Superintendent, couple are accountable to the District Manager for performing cleaning and minor maintenance duties of the property to ensure the quality of work is performed and maintained to the standards established by Management.
NOTE: THIS IS A UNIONIZED POSITION: LIUNA Local 183
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Building Cleaning: Inspects and performs cleaning duties (e.g., dusting, vacuuming, washing, etc.) of building and facilities following outlined cleaning schedule; responsible for cleaning suites at turnover time to maintain presentable appearance for incoming tenants/clients; patrols emergency exits and stairwells, removing garbage and debris to ensure area is safe and clean; ensures equipment (e.g., ladders, vacuums, floor polisher, etc.) are in good working order, notifying management of any repairs or of supplies need to be replenished; removes snow from front and back entrances, applies salt wherever required.
- Compactor Room and Exterior Maintenance: Maintains cleanliness of the compactor room and outer shelter area to ensure it is kept clean, tidy and no health and safety hazards exists, notifying management of any repairs or maintenance; assists staff changing bins (garbage, recycling, etc.) when full and move to outside shelter area prior to city pick up; inspects building and property grounds (e.g., sidewalks, laundry room, sewer drains, landscaping, etc.), removing garbage and debris and disposes accordingly; assists with recycling program.
- Superintendent Coverage & Emergency Response: Responds to all emergencies to investigate and resolve immediately, notifying Building Manager in the event of emergency (e.g. fire, flood, environmental issues, etc.); required to be on-call outside of normal working hours (e.g. evenings and weekends) as per schedule to deal with complex tenant issues and inquires to contribute to tenant satisfaction and retention as well as suite turnover (e.g. putting the elevator on service for tenant move ins/outs & completing incoming/outgoing suite inspections & documentation, etc.).
- Life, Safety and Emergency Systems: Ensures all building life, safety and emergency systems are maintained: including the routine fire alarm tests and compliance with all Health and Safety, Risk Management and environmental policies and procedures as they relate to the property; may assist Building Superintendent with log keeping related to building general as well as life and safety systems.
- Building Security: Supervises recreational and building facilities, unlocks laundry room doors and any other recreational rooms in the morning and locks rooms at night; performs security checks at night to ensure all building entrance/exit doors are locked and secured.
- Suite Turnover: Assists with suite turnover including ensuring elevator is on service for moves; inspects suites with incoming and outgoing residents, completes documentation and submits to Building Manager or Site Administrator; may be required to remove all garbage and clean suites once keys have been returned and/or notified by Management the suite is vacant.
- Tenant Services & Maintenance: May assist in minor repairs and installations pertaining to non-structural and non-vital systems of the property as required (incl. plumbing, electrical & carpentry repairs, touch up painting, routine roof inspections, door repairs, installation and maintenance of directional signage) as requested by Building Manager and/or residents and follows-up with completing the maintenance request form and forwarding to Building Manager for further follow-up and/or file; may assist Building Superintendent with maintenance repair logs for the property to ensure uninterrupted operation of non-vital building systems.
- Support to Leasing and General Administrative Duties: May be required to provide support leasing/rental functions (i.e. suite showing, preparing rental/leasing documentation, etc.) and assist with daily routine administrative tasks (i.e. delivery of notices, preparing correspondence/documentation, etc.) as requested by management to ensure the ongoing operations of the property.
Any other job related duties and/or projects that may be assigned.
Skills, Knowledge, Experience and Education
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience in related role
- Knowledge of MS Office application is an asset.
- Good communication skills both verbal and written
- Excellent organizational skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Client service skills
- Ability to prioritize, and work independently
- Ability to handle difficult situations in a professional manner
- Ability to maintain good working relationships with all stakeholders
- Neat and tidy appearance of person and uniform.
- Working knowledge of Residential Tenancies Act is an asset.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
AGENCY NOTICE: Please note that Morguard does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Services Agreement with agency/recruiter, Morguard will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement and advanced solicited services from a Morguard employee, Morguard explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.
We are committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or (905) 281-3800.