Property Manager is accountable to the District Manager for overseeing various administrative and operations functions of the assigned residential portfolio(s) to ensure adherence to budgets, while promoting and preserving positive resident relations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Property Administration: Oversees all site aThe dministration (including approving applications/eases, collections of rents and sales reports, etc.) while establishing and maintaining strong working relationships with tenants, may be responsible for attending tribunal hearings.
- Oversight of Marketing and Leasing: Monitors all rental activity (including overseeing rental agents, vacancy reports, advertising, rental surveys, etc.) for the property to achieve optimum occupancy rates.
- Tenant Relations: Responds and resolves Tenant concerns (e.g. rent disputes, late payments and tenant complaints) following established policies and precedents in order to protect company interests and maintain positive Tenant relationships.
- Budgeting and Reforecasting: Provides input into periodic operations budgeting and forecasting activities as well as variance reporting to ensure the approved budget enables attainment of strategic goals and objectives set for the property.
- Environmental, Health and Safety: Oversees adherence to the company’s environmental and Health and Safety policies, coordinates and participates in investigation of environmental and Health and Safety incidents, supervises implementation of effective energy management programs, coordinates parking access control systems and operations of security contractor.
- Building Maintenance: Oversees building repairs and maintenance projects to ensure facility equipment and systems are utilized and maintained in the most cost effective manner; coordinates all suite turnover repairs and cleaning; inspects assigned properties on a regular basis to ensure premises and grounds are maintained at all times in accordance with the existing company policies and procedures; supervises contractors working on-site; coordinates receipts of quotes from various third-party service providers and reviews with District Manager.
- Property Operations: Oversees security functions and carries out physical inspections of common areas, reporting to the District Manager of any areas in question; oversees suite turnover and other building related projects and directly liaises with Contractors/suppliers
- Management of Staff: Responsible for recruitment, training and supervision of staff to ensure that all administrative and operational policies and procedures are followed.
Any other job related duties and/or projects that may be assigned.
Skills, Knowledge, Experience and Education
- CPM designation is an asset
- Minimum 3 years of related residential property management experience
- Working knowledge of Residential Tenancies Act
- Working knowledge of Yardi is an asset
- Excellent Oral and Written Communications Skills
- Ability to handle difficult situations in professional manner
- Ability to maintain good working relationships with all stakeholders
- Strong leadership skills
- Demonstrated Conflict Resolution skills
- Excellent Financial and Marketing skills
- Results oriented.
- Valid driver’s licence and reliable vehicle.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
AGENCY NOTICE: Please note that Morguard does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Services Agreement with agency/recruiter, Morguard will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement and advanced solicited services from a Morguard employee, Morguard explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.
We are committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or (905) 281-3800.