A multi-family Assistant Manager for our 177 unit class-B apartment community in Pensacola, Florida. Our property is a small, stable community and alongside our Community Manager, the Assistant Community Manager works to bring our Residents the very best level of care.
Heads up, your schedule will vary.
We need you full time, up to 40 hours per week. Are you someone who likes to see things through? So are we; Morguard will always compensate for overtime at time and a half whenever necessary.
Our Leasing Office is accessible to our residents; we open at 8:30 AM and close at 5:00 PM Monday through Friday. We're also open each Saturday from 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM.
This role is required to work three (3) Saturdays each month. The first Saturday of the month is covered by the Community Manager. For each week with a Saturday worked you will have a designated half day.
Your Community Manager will do their best to support any flexibility in the schedule you may need and to accommodate any advance notice of requests for time off.
Why join Morguard
At Morguard, our employees are our greatest investment. We make people our priority and strive to create a culture of respect, health and safety, and equal opportunity to support employees to meet their goals. Our company is made up of professionals with a deep knowledge of servicing apartment communities, who are passionate about what they do and who want to be the best in the business.
When you join Morguard, you join a strong and committed team and will have access to:
- Employer-Provided Medical Insurance Options
- An excellent culture that supports a work-life balance with time off for Summer Hours, Vacation, Personal, Sick Leave, and Paid Holidays
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Dollar for dollar matching 401k Savings Plan
- Opportunity to live onsite within the portfolio at the exclusive Employee Discount
We're looking for you
To fully support onsite Property Management Operations. This job is a training ground for promotion to Community Management. We need encouraging and hands-on person to step in when necessary, complete projects, and help to motivate the onsite team.
A few of your responsibilities
- Collect and post rent each month
- Assist in the handling of resident work order requests and various concerns as required
- Take point on all leasing and lease renewal efforts onsite
- Assist with planning and hosting resident events onsite
- Physically walk and inspect the property
- Maintain positive working relationships with residents, vendors, and contractors
- Act as Move Out Specialist – directly responsible for the full cycle of move out the process from notice to vacate to deposit refund
The Assistant Manager is responsible for a significant portion of the on-site leasing, as well as resident operations such as coordinating resident events, following up on Work Orders, and more. This position also fills the role of the person-in-charge when the primary manager is not present. Assistant Community Managers provide high quality resident service and fulfill resident service requests through the Maintenance Technicians and other service associates.
Experience & Strengths you'll need:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in property management is preferred, as well as a positive, “can-do” attitude, professionalism and a high level of enthusiasm. Previous Customer Service and Leasing experience is a plus.
- High School Diploma required Bachelor's or Associates degree is ideal.
- Strong Marketing/Leasing experience and a thorough knowledge of all applicable Federal and State Fair Housing Laws.
- Strong financial reporting, organization, and accounting skills; this role is directly responsible for onsite functions such as rent collection and AP/AR reconciliations and requires thorough attention to detail.
- Strong computer proficiency; this role needs a good familiarity with Yardi or Onesite, Excel, and Microsoft Word.
- An excellent attitude and willingness to learn and, more than anything, a resolve to provide prompt and friendly service.
All job offers are subject to a pre-employment drug test and criminal/credit background check.
Morguard is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.