Morguard is Hiring!
A skilled Maintenance/Punch Technician for our 252 Unit, Class A Apartment Community in Cooper City, Florida.
You'll work full time, Monday through Friday, from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM with an hour off for lunch.
HVAC or EPA Certified Applicants may be eligible to participate in the On-Call Rotation.
- Take turns responding to On-Call Emergencies with your other (2) Maintenance Co-workers
- Each On-Call Rotation earns an added income with our weekly On Call Stipend - earn $$ even if you're not called to the property
We're looking for you
To help maintain the highest standards for our apartment community. Your role will be to maintain the grounds & leasing path, turn over apartments to prepare them for move-in, and assist residents with open work orders by making minor repairs within apartment units.
If you are looking for an opportunity to learn more and make a start in Property Management Maintenance then this job is an excellent first step in that direction.
We can train you - but we need your strong work ethic, customer service for our residents, personal motivation to consistently improve, and a good foundation in general appliance repair, painting, plumbing, and landscaping.
Some of your responsibilities include:
- Being thorough and courteous; we need you to accurately assess the root cause of each work order that comes in and do your best to close it out and improve our residents' homes
- Walk the property each day; know your grounds and your buildings and clear away any trash or debris that you find.
- Follow guidelines and your own expertise to turn around vacant apartment units and prepare them for new residents to move into
- Respond to assigned work orders or general maintenance promptly and always communicate with your Maintenance Supervisor or Property Manager as things move forward or take longer to complete than anticipated
- Work with the Maintenance Supervisor on any special projects or property wide routine maintenance as necessary
Above all, you will be responsible for staying in sync with the company’s and the community’s operating and safety policies and procedures and for adhering to federal, state and local laws pertaining to the operation of the community and Fair Housing.
Experience & strengths you'll need:
- A dedication to company goals and values and a commitment to the success of each associate as a member of the team
- Good communicator and listener with strong customer service skills
- General knowledge or direct experience of plumbing, drywall repair, painting, carpentry, appliance repair, pressure cleaning, or minor electric troubleshooting and repair
- Previous experience on a garden-style apartment community - closing work orders and turning apartments is ideal
- High school graduate; technical school preferred but not required
Why you should join Morguard
At Morguard, our employees are our greatest investment. We make people our priority and strive to create a culture of respect, health and safety, and equal opportunity to support employees to meet their goals. Our company is made up of professionals with a deep knowledge of servicing apartment communities, who are passionate about what they do and who want to be the best in the business.
When you join Morguard, you join a strong and committed team and will have access to:
- Employer-Provided Medical Insurance Options
- An excellent culture that supports a work-life balance with time off for Summer Hours, Vacation, Personal, Sick Leave, and Paid Holidays
- Education Reimbursement Program - we will support your HVAC or EPA certification!
- Dollar for dollar matching 401k Savings Plan
- Opportunity to live onsite within the portfolio with our Employee Discount
All job offers are subject to a pre-employment drug test and criminal/credit background check.
Morguard is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.