We have an amazing opportunity for a skilled Leasing Manager to take point on our leasing and resident retention efforts for a standout asset in Chicago, Illinois.
Our two-tower, 848 unit luxury high rise community is located right in the heart of the River West/Fulton Market area of Chicago. The Leasing Manager sets a direction for our leasing and resident services team to ensure that our community meets its occupancy goals.
As our Leasing Manager, you’ll lead a team of (4) – both leasing agents and resident services administrators, to support all leasing efforts.
Heads up, your schedule will vary.
Day to day may see you working on a marketing presentation or auditing leasing files but two days each week you’ll also find yourself leasing.
The set schedule for this role works from Tuesday through Saturday. Normal hours are 9:00 AM to 6:00 pm, alternating a late shift until 7:00 pm on Wednesday or Thursday. Saturday hours are from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm.
We ask that you be accessible to those hours; while some shift hours may change the stated workweek is firm.
We're looking for you
To fully support onsite leasing operations. We need encouraging and hands-on person to step in when necessary, complete projects, and help to motivate the leasing team.
A few of your responsibilities:
- Utilize rent management software to inform weekly pricing on available units
- Partner with internal departments and 3rd party vendors to develop property marketing materials and monthly marketing plan
- Stay informed on surrounding area comps and compile market surveys
- Review all leasing files prior to submitting to Community Manager
- Set direction and goals for leasing agents
- Conduct follow-up activity as needed with new and current residents; ensure that the entire team upholds company level of client services in all interactions
- Maintain positive working relationships with residents, vendors, and contractors
- Physically walk and inspect the property
Experience & Strengths you'll need:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a leasing manager role is required; a previous position as an Assistant Manager with significant involvement in leasing is also preferred, as well as a positive, “can-do” attitude, professionalism and a high level of enthusiasm.
- High School Diploma required bachelor’s or Associates degree is ideal. Alternatively, if you have 1-3 years of direct experience with Multi-family property management and the commensurate professional designation (CAM, ARM, CPM, etc.) then we would be happy to consider you.
- Strong Marketing/Leasing experience and a thorough knowledge of all applicable Federal and State Fair Housing Laws.
- Strong multi-tasking, organization, and administrative skills; this role is directly responsible for onsite functions such as rent pricing, file audits, and market surveys and requires thorough attention to detail.
- Strong computer proficiency; this role needs a good familiarity with Yardi or Onesite, Excel, and Microsoft Word.
Why join Morguard
At Morguard, our employees are our greatest investment. We make people our priority and strive to create a culture of respect, health and safety, and equal opportunity to support employees to meet their goals. Our company is made up of professionals with a deep knowledge of servicing apartment communities, who are passionate about what they do and who want to be the best in the business.
When you join Morguard, you join a strong and committed team and will have access to:
- Employer-Provided Medical Insurance Options
- An excellent culture that supports a work-life balance with time off for Summer Hours, Vacation, Personal, Sick Leave, and Paid Holidays
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Dollar for dollar matching 401k Savings Plan
- Opportunity to live onsite within the portfolio at the exclusive Employee Discount
All job offers are subject to a pre-employment drug test and criminal/credit background check.
Morguard is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.