The Maintenance Technician is accountable to District Manager for performing routine daily preventative and ad-hoc maintenance activities on a daily basis pertaining to the building and site equipment in a timely and cost-efficient manner to ensure uninterrupted performance of all building systems and programs.
This position is responsible for overseeing maintenance for both the Square 104 and Mayfair Village Apartments.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Building Inspections: Assists with routine inspections and preventative maintenance, where required, of non-vital building systems and report on issues as they arise, routinely performs roof maintenance, drain and leak inspections to ensure uninterrupted operation of non-vital building systems; complies with all Health and Safety, Risk Management and environmental policies and procedures as they relate to the property; responsible for log keeping related to building general as well as life and safety systems; assists with preventative maintenance of site vehicles and other motorized equipment.
- Building Maintenance: Performs minor repairs and installations pertaining to non-structural and non-vital systems of the property (incl. plumbing, light fixture replacement, touch up painting, asphalt patching, installation and repair of ceramic tiles, replacement of ceiling tiles and carpeting, interior and exterior plastering, dry-walling, minor carpentry, common area door repairs and installation); keeps all maintenance repair logs for the property to ensure uninterrupted operation of non-vital building systems.
- Exterior Maintenance: Performs various ground-keeping activities such as exterior and parking lot upkeep, grounds cleaning and landscaping, where required, flower planters assembly and repairs, lawn mowing, sprinkler system operation and service, garbage pickup, snow removal etc. to ensure that the property’s grounds are presentable and to not pose a hazardous threat to the tenants, building visitors and general public.
- Resident Services and Suite Turnover: Performs maintenance and general cleaning of vacant space, inspecting suites with incoming and outgoing residents, reserving elevators, and responds to resident requests for general maintenance services of their unit to assist with keeping resident spaces clean and in good repair.
- On-Call and Emergency Response: On-call outside normal working hours as per schedule and responds to all resident and building emergency calls notifying management of any emergency such as fire, flood, environmental issues, etc.
Any other job-related duties and/or projects that may be assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTSSkills, Knowledge, Experience and Education
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience in general maintenance (minor plumbing, painting, carpentry, etc.).
- Previous experience in residential property management is an asset
- Good knowledge of MS Office applications is an asset
- Exposure to a residential property management software is an asset.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Good problem-solving skills
- Client service skills
- Ability to prioritize
- Neat and tidy appearance of person and uniform.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.AGENCY NOTICE: Please note that Morguard does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Services Agreement with agency/recruiter, Morguard will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement and advanced solicited services from a Morguard employee, Morguard explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.We are committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or (905) 281-3800.
- Valid Driver’s license is an asset.