The Leasing Agent is accountable to the District Manager, for renting suites as they become available to ensure the building maintains an optimum occupancy level and establishing good tenant relations and tenant retention.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Rent Available Suites: Inspects vacant suites and notifies Property Manager of any repairs or decorating required for maintenance or marketing; screens all applicants and shows available suites to prospective tenants; completes required leasing papers and collects appropriate deposits; performs credit, landlord and employment checks; ensures tenant applications are completed and given to the Property Manager for approval; notifies applicant of approval or decline decision and reserves elevator and suite inspection times.
- Advertising and Marketing: Monitors’ and oversees advertising and social media, including online advertising (i.e. Kijiji) on a daily basis to ensure information is accurate; creates and maintains online advertisements on various platforms; suggests and discusses marketing strategy with the Property Manager; surveys and documents competition product from surrounding areas and informs Property Manager of any changes that would be instrumental in renting suites; arranges mini model displays to assist marketing available suites.
- Documentation and Reporting: Enters guest cards and leads directly into the Yardi Dashboard; records daily rental calls, traffic and suite showings and maintains records of all available suites and suite rentals; produces weekly rental report and submits to Property Manager. Maintains Tenant profiles spreadsheet. Maintains prospective tenant wait list.
- General Administrative Duties: Prepares and orientates incoming tenants with welcome package and building information; communicates with the building staff to ensure proper care and maintenance of the property including compliance with laws and regulations; reports to Property Manager any areas of the building and suites that may require maintenance. Greets guests and responds to general inquiries and creates an inviting atmosphere for prospective and existing tenants; prepares and orientates incoming tenants with move-in packages and building information; ensures vacant suites are staged and market ready prior to showing prospective tenants.
Any other job related duties and/or projects that may be assigned.
Skills, Knowledge, Experience and Education
- High School Diploma. Post-secondary education (e.g. Marketing) is an asset
- Minimum 3 of relevant work experience
- Previous experience using Yardi is an asset
- Good knowledge of MS Office
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.AGENCY NOTICE: Please note that Morguard does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Services Agreement with agency/recruiter, Morguard will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement and advanced solicited services from a Morguard employee, Morguard explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.We are committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or (905) 281-3800.
- Problem solving skills
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Good Judgment
- Interpersonal skills
- Creative thinking
- Attention to detail
- Strong closing skills