Maintenance is accountable to the District Manager for performance of daily routine minor maintenance activities to ensure that the property and its grounds are kept in exceptional condition and are presented favourably to the Tenants and general public.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Building Inspections: Assists with routine inspections and preventative maintenance, where required, of non-vital building systems and report on issues as they arise, routinely performs roof maintenance, drain and leak inspections to ensure uninterrupted operation of non-vital building systems; complies with all Health and Safety, Risk Management and environmental policies and procedures as they relate to the property; responsible for log keeping related to building general as well as life and safety systems; assists with preventative maintenance of site vehicles and other motorized equipment.
- Building Maintenance: Performs minor repairs and installations pertaining to non-structural and non-vital systems of the property (incl. plumbing, light fixture replacement, touch up painting, asphalt patching, installation and repair of ceramic tiles, replacement of ceiling tiles and carpeting, interior and exterior plastering, dry-walling, minor carpentry, common area door repairs and installation); keeps all maintenance repair logs for the property to ensure uninterrupted operation of non-vital building systems.
- Exterior Maintenance: Performs various ground-keeping activities such as exterior and parking lot upkeep, grounds cleaning and landscaping, where required, flower planters assembly and repairs, lawn mowing, sprinkler system operation and service, garbage pickup, snow removal etc. to ensure that the property’s grounds are presentable and to not pose a hazardous threat to the tenants, building visitors and general public.
- Tenant Services: Performs maintenance and general cleaning of vacant space and responds to Tenant requests for general maintenance services of their premises or common areas to support leasing activity of the vacant space and assist with keeping tenants’ spaces clean and in good repair.
Any other job related duties and/or projects that may be assigned.
Skills, Knowledge, Experience and Education
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience in general maintenance.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Client service skills
- Ability to prioritize
- Neat and tidy appearance of person and uniform.
- Valid Driver’s license is an asset.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
AGENCY NOTICE: Please note that Morguard does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Services Agreement with agency/recruiter, Morguard will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement and advanced solicited services from a Morguard employee, Morguard explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.
We are committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or (905) 281-3800.