The Regional Manager is accountable for the overall success of his or her communities, maximizing their portfolio’s long-term operating performance through the successful development and implementation of property management and repositioning strategies. You’ll work to champion Morguard’s business objectives and give voice to opportunities for improvement.
- Asset Manager, Senior Vice President
- (3) Direct reports: District Managers within Portfolio as well as onsite personnel
- Co-Regional Manager
- Corporate support departments – Accounting, Human Resources, Training, Marketing
- Up to 60% of the time Regular travel by car and air is required.
- (5) states – FL, NC, MD, VA, IL
- 3,500 multifamily residential units
- Residential, Multifamily, Apartment Property Management, Long Term Hold Real Estate Development
In this role, the Regional Manager is a progressive leader working to unify operations with distanced portfolios with guidance from asset management and the Vice President.
You’ll lead by example and work to develop & implement our standard of service as it drives:
- Corporate culture
- Team development
- Quality control
- Revenue management
- Capital improvements
- Financial Reporting
You will motivate, mentor, manage and evaluate District Managers, Community Managers, as well as their team’s performance.
We are more interested in "servant leader" people-oriented disposition than in hierarchal management styles. You must be able to use technology, understand, prepare, and interpret financial reporting and be able to translate financial goals into actionable objectives.
PROPERTY MANAGEMENT OPERATIONS
- Ensure consistent reporting procedures and timelines are followed so that accurate information is reported back to the corporate office.
- Master all aspects of Yardi 7S and property-specific integrations. Analyze management reports and make recommendations to the V.P. and asset managers to improve performance. Make management software corrections as needed
- Maintain the operations of multiple properties through frequent site visits, inspections, and audits. Manage and participate in the strategic vision for each asset including repositioning and redevelopment plans
- Develop strategies to lead multiple District Managers, teams and communities in alignment with the company’s culture of teamwork, honesty, respect, and compassion in competitive market environments
- Analyze financial statements and procedures and make necessary operating adjustments to improve the revenue streams and cost efficiencies
- Prepare annual property budgets and 3-year business plans with realistic goals to increase operating income while reducing expenses
- Prepare for and work through due diligence procedures to integrate assets onboarding new communities and teams into the organization
- Review and approve payment for invoices from individual properties weekly to monitor property spending and avoid late payments
- Communicate daily with peers, asset managers and the Vice President to promote the unification and standardization of all policies, procedures to all communities
- Offer positive, supportive and motivational leadership to the District Managers, Community Managers, and management team. Work side by side with site staff.
- Promote a corporate culture of teamwork, compassion, honesty, and respect to create a sense of community for both the residents and the entire organization
- Effectively manage personnel at multiple properties to improve access to residents and prospects to gain efficiencies through economies of scale where appropriate
- Conduct interviews, hire, develop, mentor and grow management and maintenance staff at individual communities to become future leaders within the organization
PERFORM AS A TEAM:
- Vice President, asset managers, and other peers within Morguard to gain economies of scale by negotiating regional and national contracts, service agreements and tax appeals * Act as a liaison between the Vice President, asset managers, corporate accounting, District and Community Managers by relaying new information and corporate standards
- Work closely with other regional managers while listening to direct and indirect reports to ensure consistency, community, and unity throughout the organization
- 10+ years of multi-site multifamily, experience with a proven track record of facilitating teamwork and performance improvement across multiple states.
- Specifically large multi-site operations and budgetary management
- High Rise Residential Experience is Required * High level of computer literacy and expertise in Excel, Yardi 7S, financial statements, amenity-based pricing, Rent Café, and Rentmax is a must.
- Education: 4-year college degree in property management, business, management, hospitality or finance strongly preferred.
- Managing Broker License for Illinois is preferred but not required.
- Familiar with Federal, State and/or local Fair Housing Laws.
- Exceptional background managing and marketing communities and motivating personnel.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A high degree of professionalism in presentations both as a motivator, recruiter, mentor and representative of the organization is a must. To be the successful candidate you must have references from both those you managed and those to whom you report.
The preferred candidate will be an engaged, compassionate leader willing to go the extra mile for both their residents and staff.
Why you should join Morguard
At Morguard, our employees are our greatest investment. We make people our priority and strive to create a culture of respect, health and safety, and equal opportunity to support employees to meet their goals. Our company is made up of professionals with a deep knowledge of servicing apartment communities, who are passionate about what they do and who want to be the best in the business.
When you join Morguard, you join a strong and committed team and will have access to:
- Employer-Provided Medical Insurance Options
- An excellent culture that supports a work-life balance with time off for Summer Hours, Vacation, Personal, Sick Leave, and Paid Holidays
- Education Reimbursement Program - we will support your HVAC or EPA certification!
- Dollar for dollar matching 401k Savings Plan
- Opportunity to live onsite within the portfolio with our Employee Discount
All job offers are subject to a pre-employment drug test and criminal/credit background check.
Morguard is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.