We have an amazing opportunity for a strong Leasing Consultant to assist with our leasing and resident retention efforts for a standout asset in Chicago, Illinois.
Our two-tower, 848 unit luxury high rise community is located right in the heart of the River West/Fulton Market area of Chicago. The Leasing Consultant will work under the direction of our Leasing Manager to uphold our standards of resident services and work to meets our occupancy goals.
We're looking for you
To primarily work on all aspects of our onsite apartment rentals. Your efforts will be to handle incoming calls as well as online and in-person traffic, lease apartments and prepare leasing files for approval and renewals.
We are open to providing the opportunity to train and make a start in Property Management and this is an excellent first step in that direction. We can train you - but we need your strong work ethic, compassion for our residents, personal motivation to do your best, and a good foundation in communication, organization, and computer proficiency.
Heads up, your schedule will vary.
We need you full time, up to 40 hours per week. We're committed to seeing things through and compensate for overtime at time and a half whenever necessary.
Our Leasing Office is accessible to our residents; we start at 9:00 AM and close at 6:00 PM. We're open each Saturday from 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM. We ask that you be accessible to those hours and to be available to work up to 3 Saturdays a month.
Your Community Manager will do their best to support any flexibility in the schedule you may need and to accommodate any advance notice of requests for time off. On weeks where you work Saturday you'll have a business day off.
Some of your responsibilities include:
- Greet all residents and prospective residents who visit or call the Leasing Office
- Stay informed on the surrounding market, community amenities, and floor plans available
- Communicate with prospective residents to schedule apartment tours, assess their rental needs, and guide them through the leasing path to view prepared model units and onsite amenities
- Perform market surveys of the surrounding market & relay to the Community Manager
- Invite all prospects to complete and sign lease documents; collect qualifying information and follow leasing protocol to prepare lease files for review and audit
Experience & Strengths you'll need:
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree preferred; High School Diploma required.
- Restaurant/Hospitality or direct Multi-family Industry experience (1-2 years preferred)
- Strong administrative and organization skills; this role is directly responsible for lease administration onsite and requires thorough attention to detail
- Strong computer proficiency; direct experience with Yardi or Onesite is preferred
- An excellent attitude and willingness to learn and, more than anything, a resolve to provide prompt and friendly service
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $17.00 to $18.00 /hour, Per Lease Commission (% Value of Lease), Quarterly Bonus Potential 5%
All job offers are subject to a pre-employment drug test and criminal/credit background check.
Morguard is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.