We are now hiring an organized Assistant Resident Events and Amenities Manager for our two-tower luxury high rise residential community located in the heart of the River West/Fulton Market area of Chicago.
Our community is home to 848 rental units and nearly 1,100 residents – as the Resident Events and Amenities Manager, you have an opportunity to directly impact each of them.
You will assist with coordinating the schedules of our resident services team, serve as the point of contact for preparation and use of our onsite guest suites, and engage with residents every day to ensure that resident events and the amenities provided serve and foster their experience of community.
Heads up, your schedule will vary.
This role will work full time, five days a week – Sunday through Thursday during normal business hours, 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM, and after hours as needed to coordinate resident events.
We’re looking for you
To assist with the day to day operations of our amenities floor and work to build a sense of community through large- and small-scale resident events.
The care you bring to your work will serve to illustrate our company values of customer service and our building’s luxury brand.
Why you should join Morguard
At Morguard, our employees are our greatest investment. We make people our priority and strive to create a culture of respect, health and safety, and equal opportunity to support employees to meet their goals. Our company is made up of professionals with a deep knowledge of servicing apartment communities, who are passionate about what they do and who want to be the best in the business.
When you join Morguard, you join a strong and committed team and will have access to:
- Employer-Provided Medical Insurance Options
- An excellent culture that supports a work-life balance with time off for Summer Hours, Vacation, Personal, Sick Leave, and Paid Holidays
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Dollar for dollar matching 401k Retirement Plan
- Opportunity to live onsite within the portfolio at an Employee Discount
- Full-time hours, evenings & weekends as needed
- Hourly – Non-Exempt role
- Earn a bi-weekly salary as well as a Quarterly Bonus Potential of 5% * Reporting to Community Manager
Some of your responsibilities include:
- Coordinate and release schedule of Resident Services Personnel and contracted vendors for guest suite servicing
- Communicate with residents to coordinate and confirm reservations of guest suites
- Prepare guest suite welcome packet for distribution in advance of the reservation
- Maintain a cleaning schedule of guest suites, order supplies as needed for contracted vendor
- Perform administrative duties such as preparation of weekly resident update, updates to weekly resident phone listing or to resident handbook when necessary
- Be informed on and able to implement all community policies and procedures and enforce policies with residents and their guests as needed
- Collaborate with the Resident Service team to plan, develop, coordinate, and implement activities, programs, and services to meet the educational, social, and community needs of residents
Above all, you will be responsible for staying in sync with the company’s and the community’s values, operating and safety policies and procedures and for adhering to federal, state and local laws pertaining to the operation of the community and Fair Housing.
Experience & Strengths you'll need:
- Associate's or bachelor’s degree preferred; High School Diploma required.
- Previous experience with high-end hospitality or housekeeping coordination
- Restaurant/Hospitality or direct Multi-family Industry experience (1-2 years preferred) You must have a strong customer service and hospitality orientation
- Strong administrative and organization skills; as well as a sense of responsibility. We need thorough attention to detail and the ability to take ownership and see things through to completion.
- Strong computer proficiency and excellent communication - both over the phone and in written correspondence. You will need to be an effective communicator.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines. Able to prioritize tasks to meet goals and deadlines
Morguard is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Who we are
Morguard is a fully integrated real estate company. We own, manage and invest in high-quality, well-located multifamily and commercial assets across North America. We have built our business with strong leadership and a successful management platform geared towards long term growth. With 40 years of experience and a dynamic staff of more than 1,500 professionals, we dedicate ourselves to realizing the potential of real estate through value creation and operational excellence. Today, our total assets owned and under management is valued at $21 billion.