We have an amazing opportunity for an experienced Community Manager to take on a standout asset in Chicago, Illinois.
Our two tower, 848 unit luxury high rise community is located right in the heart of the River West/Fulton Market area of Chicago. The Community Manager is the property leader for the 38 personnel – vendors and employees combined – and nearly 1,100 residents onsite.
Heads up, your schedule will vary.
We need you full time, up to 40 hours per week. Are you someone who likes to see things through? So are we; Morguard trusts that our Community Managers will be present to set the example and standard for responsibility and care shown to our residents. You’ll attend resident events, walk vacant units, and lead by example.
Our Management office is accessible to our residents, and our leasing team is onsite (7) days a week.
As the Community Manager, your normal operating hours will be from 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM.
We ask that you be accessible to those hours and to also be available to support your team on a weekend or during Resident events as needed.
We're looking for you
To fully lead and support our community’s property management operations. We need encouraging and hands-on person to step in when necessary, complete projects, and to motivate the onsite team.
A few of your responsibilities
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of the community and its needs/goals as a financial asset
- Create monthly financial reports
- Work toward fulfilling the community’s leasing potential; develop and execute marketing initiatives as needed to support that goal
- Respond to and resolve resident complaints in a timely manner to support positive resident relations
- Review and audit resident files as needed to ensure accuracy; assess and address any need for training to support your onsite team
- Preserve the asset and control costs using preventative maintenance programs
Experience & Strengths you'll need:
- Oversee rehab construction projects
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Property/Community Manager is required.
- Direct experience with Luxury High Rise community operations is required. Direct experience supporting complex assets with 500 units or more will contribute to your success in this role.
- High School Diploma required Bachelor's or Associates degree is ideal. Alternatively, if you have 4-6 years of direct experience with Multi-family property management and the commensurate professional designation (CAM, ARM, CPM, etc.) then we would be happy to consider you.
- Strong Marketing/Leasing experience and a thorough knowledge of all applicable Federal and State Fair Housing Laws.
- Strong financial reporting, organization, and accounting skills; this role requires thorough attention to detail.
- Strong computer proficiency; this role needs a good familiarity with Yardi or Onesite, centralizer pricing program, Excel, and Microsoft Word. Specific proficiency with Yardi Voyager 7 reporting functions is ideal.
All job offers are subject to a pre-employment drug test and criminal/credit background check.
Morguard is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Why join Morguard
At Morguard, our employees are our greatest investment. We make people our priority and strive to create a culture of respect, health and safety, and equal opportunity to support employees to meet their goals. Our company is made up of professionals with a deep knowledge of servicing apartment communities, who are passionate about what they do and who want to be the best in the business.
When you join Morguard, you join a strong and committed team and will have access to:
- Employer-Provided Medical Insurance Options
- An excellent culture that supports a work-life balance with time off for Summer Hours, Vacation, Personal, Sick Leave, and Paid Holidays
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Dollar for dollar matching 401k Savings Plan
- Opportunity to live onsite within the portfolio at the exclusive Employee Discount