ABOUT THE ROLE
The Construction Coordinator is responsible for directing, organizing and controlling project activities, under the direction of the Construction Manager (CM) to ensure achieve the predefined project objectives in terms of scope, time, quality and cost to ensure that contractual obligations are met at all times within the Hotel and Multi-residential portfolios.
A FEW OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Attend client meetings and assist with the creation of project proposals, RFP’s and schedules to ensure the smooth completion of projects; liaise with property operations, consultants, and contractors, where necessary, to proactively address any disputes related to ongoing projects that may arise and to escalate complex issues to the Construction Manager for a resolution
- Create, review and prepare contracts with third-party suppliers, construction companies and consultants required for various projects insuring that organizational policies and procedures established for competitive bidding and third-party selection processes are adhered to at all stages to achieve the best cost/benefit result for the organization; support procurement, expediting and quality control activities of all required construction material, equipment and services received to meet organizational standard for quality and process efficiency
- Use project scheduling and control tools to monitor project plans, work hours, budgets and expenditures and review field inspection reports from Consultants throughout the lifecycle of the project. Analyze and summarize performances of current construction projects and forecast the future performance to facilitate management access to reliable information when examining future plans for the development function
- Assist with the coordination and maintenance of all required documentation for projects resulting in the smooth coordination between Construction Projects and Operations and to ensure projects are delivered within scope and on time and on budget as well as meet project goals and organizational requirements
- Coordinate with the Project Accountant and Accounting groups to ensure the proper coding invoices and charge-backs as well as the tracking of purchase orders, invoices, change orders, and work orders in a proactive manner
- Resolve major vendor, supplier, trade and other third-party related challenges pertaining to development project activities. Reconcile/process all necessary vendor adjustments, as approved, to ensure development projects continue on time, budget and without interruption
- Assist with the preparation of annual construction budgets, current year forecasts for all residential properties and provides quarterly updates on construction status, monthly expenditures and variance reports
YOU’LL NEED TO HAVE
- 3-5 years of experience supporting Construction Managers
- Degree or Diploma in Project/Construction Management, or Architectural Sciences, Civil Engineering
- Proficient in the use of project/construction management software
- Knowledge of the building development/redevelopment industry
- Familiarity with construction methods and the building codes
- Effective communication skills including verbal, written and presentation skills
- Proven ability to work effectively both independently and in a team based environment
- Demonstrated willingness to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. We’re looking forward to reading your application; tell us why you’d be an awesome addition to our team!
Morguard is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or 905 281 3800.