An HVAC Certified Lead Maintenance Technician for our 408 Unit, Class B Apartment Community in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida.
You'll work full time, Monday through Friday, from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM with an hour off for lunch.
In this role, you will be required to participate in the On-Call Rotation.
- Take turns responding to On-Call Emergencies with your other (2) Maintenance Co-workers
- Each On-Call Rotation earns an added income with our On-Call Stipend - earn money if you're not called to the property
Why you should join Morguard
At Morguard, our employees are our greatest investment. We make people our priority and strive to create a culture of respect, health and safety, and equal opportunity to support employees to meet their goals. Our company is made up of professionals with a deep knowledge of servicing apartment communities, who are passionate about what they do and who want to be the best in the business.
When you join Morguard, you join a strong and committed team and will have access to:
- Employer-Provided Medical Insurance Options
- An excellent culture that supports a work-life balance with time off for Summer Hours, Vacation, Personal, Sick Leave, and Paid Holidays
- Education Reimbursement Program - we will support your continued education and training!
- Dollar for dollar matching 401k Savings Plan
- Opportunity to live onsite within the portfolio with our Employee Discount
We're looking for you
To help maintain the highest standards for our apartment community. Your role will be to ensure that the physical aspects of the property meet our Company standards of safety, cleanliness, and operation within our budgeted goals. You'll also be responsible for routine maintenance and called to assist with any capital improvement projects onsite.
We need your strong work ethic, customer service for our residents, personal motivation to consistently improve, and a good foundation in general appliance repair, painting, plumbing, and landscaping. Your work in this job will directly determine our community and our resident's well-being.
Some of your responsibilities include:
- Being thorough and courteous; we need you to accurately assess the root cause of each work order that comes in and do your best to close it out and improve our residents' homes
- Walk the property each day; know your grounds and your buildings and clear away any trash or debris that you find.
- Manage the inventory of vacant apartments; assist with the turn around process or schedule any required contractors as needed. Inspect all vacant units before move in to maintain quality
- Respond to assigned work orders or general maintenance in a timely manner and always communicate with your Maintenance Supervisor or Property Manager as things move forward or take longer to complete than anticipated
- Work with the Regional Maintenance Supervisor on any special projects or property wide routine maintenance as necessary
Above all, you will be responsible for staying in sync with the company’s and the community’s operating and safety policies and procedures and for adhering to federal, state and local laws pertaining to the operation of the community and Fair Housing.
Experience & strengths you'll need:
- HVAC Type I and Type II/EPA Universal Certification; a CPO certification is highly preferred but not required.
- Well versed with troubleshooting major appliances, water heaters, boilers, and AC units.
- Previous experience in a garden style apartment community
- A dedication to company goals and values and a commitment to the success of each associate as a member of the team
- Good communicator and listener with strong customer service skills
- General knowledge or direct experience of plumbing, drywall repair, painting, carpentry, pressure cleaning, or minor electric troubleshooting and repair
- Possess and continually improve the technical skills necessary to perform assigned maintenance
All job offers are subject to a pre-employment drug test and criminal/credit background check.
Morguard is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.