ABOUT THE ROLE
The Leasing Agent will be responsible for renting suites as they become available to ensure the building maintains an optimum occupancy level and establishing good tenant relations and tenant retention.
A FEW OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Inspect vacant suites and notify Property Manager of any repairs or decorating required for maintenance or marketing; screen all applicants and show available suites to prospective tenants; complete required leasing papers and collect appropriate deposits; perform credit, landlord and employment checks; ensure tenant applications are completed and given to the Property Manager for approval; notify applicant of approval or decline decision and reserve elevator and suite inspection times
- Monitor and oversee advertising and social media, including online advertising (i.e. Kijiji) on a daily basis to ensure information is accurate; create and maintain online advertisements on various platforms; suggest and discuss marketing strategy with the Property Manager; survey and document competition product from surrounding areas and informs Property Manager of any changes that would be instrumental in renting suites; arrange mini model displays to assist marketing available suites
- Enter guest cards and leads directly into the Yardi Dashboard; record daily rental calls, traffic and suite showings and maintain records of all available suites and suite rentals; produce weekly rental report and submit to Property Manager
- Prepare and orientate incoming tenants with welcome package and building information; communicate with the building staff to ensure proper care and maintenance of the property including compliance with laws and regulations; report to Property Manager any areas of the building and suites that may require maintenance. Greet guests and respond to general inquiries and create an inviting atmosphere for prospective and existing tenants; prepare and orientate incoming tenants with move-in packages and building information; ensures vacant suites are staged and market ready prior to showing prospective tenants
YOU’LL NEED TO HAVE
- Relevant work experience in a similar role
- High School Diploma or Post-secondary education (e.g. Marketing) is an asset
- Previous experience using Yardi is an asset
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Good knowledge of MS Office
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. We’re looking forward to reading your application; tell us why you’d be an awesome addition to our team!
Morguard is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at email@example.com or 905 281 3800.