ABOUT THE ROLE
The Assistant Building Superintendent will be responsible for performing cleaning and minor maintenance duties of the property to ensure the quality of work is performed and maintained to the standards established by Management
A FEW OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist with suite turnover including ensuring elevator is on service for moves; inspect suites with incoming and outgoing residents, complete documentation and submit to Building Manager or Site Administrator
- Assist in minor repairs and installations pertaining to non-structural and non-vital systems of the property as required (incl. plumbing, electrical & carpentry repairs, touch up painting, routine roof inspections, door repairs, installation and maintenance of directional signage) as requested by Building Manager and/or residents and follows-up with completing the maintenance request form and forwarding to Building Manager for further follow-up and/or file; may assist Building Superintendent with maintenance repair logs for the property to ensure uninterrupted operation of non-vital building systems.
- Inspect and perform cleaning duties (e.g., dusting, vacuuming, washing, etc.) of building and facilities; responsible for cleaning suites at turnover time to maintain presentable appearance for incoming tenants/clients; patrol emergency exits and stairwells, removing garbage and debris to ensure area is safe and clean; ensures equipment (e.g., ladders, vacuums, floor polisher, etc.) are in good working order, notifying management of any repairs or of supplies need to be replenished; removes snow from front and back entrances, apply salt wherever required
- Maintain cleanliness of the compactor room and outer shelter area to ensure it is kept clean, tidy and no health and safety hazards exist, notifying management of any repairs or maintenance; assists staff changing bins (garbage, recycling, etc.) when full and move to outside shelter area prior to city pick up; inspect building and property grounds (e.g., sidewalks, laundry room, sewer drains, landscaping, etc.), removing garbage and debris and disposes accordingly
- Respond to all emergencies to investigate and resolve immediately, notifying Building Manager in the event of emergency (e.g. fire, flood, environmental issues, etc.); required to be on-call outside of normal working hours (e.g. evenings and weekends) as per schedule to deal complex tenant issues and inquires to contribute to tenant satisfaction and retention as well as suite turnover (e.g. putting the elevator on service for tenant move ins/outs & completing incoming/outgoing suite inspections & documentation, etc.)
- Ensure all building life, safety and emergency systems are maintained: including the routine fire alarm tests and compliance with all Health and Safety, Risk Management and environmental policies and procedures as they relate to the property; may assist Building Superintendent with log keeping related to building general as well as life and safety systems
YOU’LL NEED TO HAVE
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience in related role
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to prioritize, and work independently
- Ability to handle difficult situations in a professional manner
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. We’re looking forward to reading your application; tell us why you’d be an awesome addition to our team!
Morguard is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or 905 281 3800.