ABOUT THE ROLE
The Accounts Receivable Administrator will be responsible for ensuring the timely and accurate collection/recording of tenant rents and other revenue as well as various types of fees for the assigned portfolio of properties in a given geographical region.
A FEW OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Complete a wide range of reporting functions including pre-posting reports, occupancy/vacancy reporting, pre-authorized payments, tenant statements etc., to provide management with resources that can be relied upon for decision making purposes.
- Ensure all payments and accounts receivable information is recorded on a daily basis, while reviewing/reconciling various deposits and free rent entries, make sure the accounts receivable recording is verified and completed properly and application of various deposits to tenant accounts is accurate.
- Process new lease agreements into Yardi including new lease charges, renewals, and verifying information is correct (application/addendum/lease); produce monthly lease renewals, addendums and tenant agreement renewal options reports to accurately reflect changes in tenants’ status.
- Monthly/Quarterly/Yearly reconciliation of various revenue accounts to sub-ledger, investigating and rectifying any discrepancies or following up with appropriate action.
- Prepare tenant refunds, credits, zero receipts and write-offs, ensuring due diligence of provisions received from Property Management, receipt of all approvals and compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Maintain trust account documents (last month’s rent etc.) for various properties, maintains filing system of all documents related to the collection of account receivable such as invoices, deposits, and rent rolls in order to facilitate periodic review and audit processes.
- Assist or complete ad hoc projects assigned by Manager or Controller (ex. annual tenant refund calculations) and assisting with periodical testing of new accounts receivable functions in Yardi needed.
YOU’LL NEED TO HAVE
- Minimum 2 years of relevant accounting experience
- College Diploma in Accounting, Business Administration or equivalent
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Experience with Yardi Voyager is an asset
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. We’re looking forward to reading your application; tell us why you’d be an awesome addition to our team!
Morguard is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or 905 281 3800.