ABOUT THE ROLE
The Leasing Administrator will be responsible for renting suites as they become available to ensure the building maintains an optimum occupancy level and establishing good tenant relations and tenant retention.
A FEW OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Inspect vacant suites and notify the manager of any repairs or decorating required for maintenance or marketing; screen all applicants and show available suites to prospective tenants; complete required leasing papers including entering guest cards into Yardi and collect appropriate deposits; perform credit, landlord and employment checks; ensure tenant applications are completed and given to the Manager for approval
- Monitor advertising to ensure information is accurate; suggest and discusse marketing strategy with the Manager; survey competition product for surrounding area and inform Manager of any changes that would be instrumental in renting suites
- Greet all guests and responds to general inquires and direct to the appropriate person or department, if required; ensure work station is clean and office is equipped with supplies (e.g., coffee, current magazines, candies and fresh flowers) to create an inviting atmosphere for prospective and existing tenants; prepare and orientate incoming tenants with move-in package & building information; ensures vacant suites are staged and market ready prior to showing prospective tenants.
- Enter guest cards and leads directly into the Yardi Dashboard; record daily rental calls, traffic and suite showings and maintain records of all available suites and suite rentals; produce weekly rental report and submits to manager.
- Perform general administrative duties for the department including photocopying, fax transmittal, distribution of incoming and outgoing mail and courier packages
YOU’LL NEED TO HAVE
- High School Diploma. Post-secondary education (e.g. Marketing) is an asset
- Minimum 2 years of relevant work experience
- Previous experience using Yardi is an asset
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. We’re looking forward to reading your application; tell us why you’d be an awesome addition to our team!
Morguard is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or 905 281 3800.