Morguard is Now Hiring
A Property Accountant to support our US Residential portfolio from our Corporate Office in Pompano Beach, Florida. In this role you will support the full charge accounting for about five multi-family assets within the US.
We're looking for you
If you’re well-versed in general ledger accounting for multiple entities on a regional scale. Previous experience with real estate operations, expenses, and income is beneficial.
We need your strong work ethic, attention to detail, personal motivation to do your best, and a good foundation in accounting principles, organization, and computer proficiency.
Scope of work:
This position is a non-exempt (Hourly), permanent role and will be eligible for an annual bonus. Our hours of operation typically extend from 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM however the selected candidate must be available to work overtime hours as needed. Specifically to meet our quarterly end close out deadlines.
Our office is conveniently located in Pompano Beach just south of Atlantic Avenue and in close proximity to both the Turnpike and I-95 highways. We have an excellent office culture of inclusion, unexpected snack foods, and themed pumpkin/gingerbread house decorating contests during the holidays.
Some of your responsibilities include:
- Posting daily deposits to cash sheets, preparing and posting journal entries - including reclasses and accruals
- Enter information into FAS which calculates depreciation; record monthly depreciation entry
- Calculate utility, insurance and interest accruals
- Post mortgage and real estate tax payments
- Prepare monthly binder for each assigned property which includes monthly financial statements, general ledger and supporting schedules for each balance sheet account
- Review general ledger and income statement for proper coding of invoices, additional accruals or reclasses needed
- Research outstanding items on bank reconciliations and partner with property managers to explain and work to correct
Experience & Strengths you'll need:
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree preferred; High School Diploma required.
- Accounting experience with direct Multi-family Industry experience is preferred
- Full understanding of accounting concepts
- Excellent proficiency with Microsoft Excel and computer proficiency to learn and work within property management accounting software. Previous experience with Yardi Voyager is a plus
- Detail oriented individual who is comfortable working independently and enjoys performing as a team player within a positive environment
- Highly organized individual with consistent follow through as well as strong analytical and problem solving skills
Why you should join Morguard
At Morguard, our employees are our greatest investment. We make people our priority and strive to create a culture of respect, health and safety, and equal opportunity to support employees to meet their goals. Our company is made up of professionals with a deep knowledge of servicing apartment communities, who are passionate about what they do and who want to be the best in the business.
When you join Morguard, you join a strong and committed team and will have access to:
- Employer Provided Medical Insurance Options
- Excellent culture that supports a work-life balance with time off for Summer Hours, Vacation, Personal, Sick Leave, and Paid Holidays
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Dollar for dollar matching 401k Savings Plan
- Opportunity to live onsite within portfolio with our Employee Discount
Morguard is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.