Who we are
Morguard is a fully integrated real estate company. We own, manage and invest in high-quality, well-located multifamily and commercial assets across North America. We have built our business with strong leadership and a successful management platform geared towards long term growth. With 40 years of experience and a dynamic team of more than 1,500 professionals, our commitment is to realize the potential of real estate through value creation and operational excellence. Today, our total assets owned and under management is valued at $21.3 billion.
Morguard is now hiring for a Commercial Maintenance Technician! In this role you will support onsite maintenance for (4) office and commercial retail properties located in Pompano Beach and throughout South Palm Beach County, Florida.
Note: this role will require day to day travel in Company vehicle; a valid driver's license is required to be considered.
The (4) locations you'll be supporting are:
Why you should join Morguard
- Pompano Beach (Palm Aire) - 40% of the time
- Boynton Beach - 30% of the time
- Lake Worth
- West Palm Beach
At Morguard, our employees are our greatest investment. We make people our priority and strive to create a culture of respect, health and safety, and equal opportunity to support employees to meet their goals. Our company is made up of professionals with a deep knowledge of servicing apartment communities, who are passionate about what they do and who want to be the best in the business.
When you join Morguard, you join a strong and committed team and will have access to:
Scope of work:
- Employer Provided Medical Insurance Options
- Excellent culture that supports a work-life balance with time off for Summer Hours, Vacation, Personal, Sick Leave, and Paid Holidays
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Dollar for dollar matching 401k Savings Plan
- Opportunity to live onsite within portfolio with our Employee Discount
We need you full time, up to 40 hours per week. This position is a Non-Exempt (hourly) permanent role and will be eligible for an annual bonus potential. Your site of work will vary, because of this Morguard is looking for a skilled applicant who is personally motivated and can prioritize work orders & site visits as needed.
Each commercial space can host between 30 to 40 units; as tenants move in and out of units the Commercial Maintenance Technician will be point of contact for inspections, repairs, and turn around projects.
Some of your responsibilities include:
Experience & Strengths you'll need:
- Complete work and repair orders in a timely fashion
- Drywall framing, repair, and prepare for painting
- Prepare vacant spaces for move in
- Perform regular inspections of building, site elements, and communicate to Regional Property Management
- Perform routine preventive maintenance
- Maintain material and supply inventory
- Oversee work performed by outside contractors as necessary
- Previous experience in maintenance or other related fields - direct skills with drywall repair, exterior surfacing and painting, minor plumbing, electrical, and fixture installation are preferable
- Familiarity with maintenance tools and equipment
- Strong customer service, patience, and courtesy when communicating with tenants
- Deadline and detail-oriented; self-starter who prefers to work independently
- HVAC Certification a plus, not required; previous experience with HVAC system maintenance and repair is preferred
Morguard is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.