Who we are
Morguard is a fully integrated real estate company. We own, manage and invest in high-quality, well-located multifamily and commercial assets across North America. We have built our business with strong leadership and a successful management platform geared towards long term growth. With 40 years of experience and a dynamic team of more than 1,500 professionals, our commitment is to realize the potential of real estate through value creation and operational excellence. Today, our total assets owned and under management is valued at $21.3 billion.
An Assistant Accounting Administrator to support our US portfolio from our Corporate Office in Pompano Beach, FL.
In this role you will support the Divisional Controller and be primarily responsible for administering payment on property taxes and accounts payable for our commercial and residential real estate portfolio.
Why you should join Morguard
At Morguard, our employees are our greatest investment. We make people our priority and strive to create a culture of respect, health and safety, and equal opportunity to support employees to meet their goals. Our company is made up of professionals with a deep knowledge of servicing apartment communities, who are passionate about what they do and who want to be the best in the business.
When you join Morguard, you join a strong and committed team and will have access to:
We're looking for you
- Employer Provided Medical Insurance Options
- Excellent culture that supports a work-life balance with time off for Summer Hours, Vacation, Personal, Sick Leave, and Paid Holidays
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Dollar for dollar matching 401k Savings Plan
- Opportunity to live onsite within portfolio with our Employee Discount
If you’re well-versed in accounts payable for multiple entities on a regional scale. In this position you’ll work independently under the direction of our Divisional Controller to support 40+ assets and their onsite teams.
We need your strong work ethic, compassion for our residents, personal motivation to do your best, and a good foundation in communication, organization, and computer proficiency.
Scope of work:
We need you full time, up to 40 hours per week. This position is an Exempt (salaried) permanent role and will be eligible for an annual bonus potential.
Our office is conveniently located in Pompano Beach just south of Atlantic Avenue and in close proximity to both the Turnpike and I-95 highways.
Some of your responsibilities include:
Experience & Strengths you'll need:
- Receive and prepare payment for property taxes, insurance premiums, and miscellaneous charges for property portfolio
- Develop and maintain schedule of payments and tax returns and meeting lender reporting requirements
- Perform audits of vendor contracts, ensuring adherence to company requirements of documentation and insurance coverage
- Communicate with vendors, onsite personnel, corporate leaders, and compliance department as needed
- Report analysis and findings to management team
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree preferred; High School Diploma required.
- Accounts Payable/Accounting experience with direct Multi-family Industry experience is preferred
- Strong administrative and organization skills; this role is directly responsible for administration of all property taxes and requires a thorough attention to detail and deadlines
- Strong computer proficiency; direct experience with Yardi is preferred
- Highly organized individual with consistent follow through with strong analytical and problem solving skills
Morguard is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.