Who we are
Morguard is a fully integrated real estate company. We own, manage and invest in high-quality, well-located multifamily and commercial assets across North America. We have built our business with strong leadership and a successful management platform geared towards long term growth. With 40 years of experience and a dynamic staff of more than 1,500 professionals, we dedicate ourselves to realizing the potential of real estate through value creation and operational excellence. Today, our total assets owned and under management is valued at $21.3 billion.
A multi-family Maintenance Operations Manager for our area portfolio of Class A & B garden style Multifamily assets within the Dallas-Fort Worth, Texas, and Denver-Metro, Colorado areas.
The assigned portfolio includes six (6) Multi-family assets totaling 1,669 units and an onsite team of 18 Maintenance personnel.
In this role you would be making a lasting impact and direct contribution to our Company's continued success by helping to design and implement our maintenance and renovations program which encompasses assessing, planning, organizing, controlling, and facilitating all aspects of maintenance throughout your onsite portfolio.
We need you to be a leader for our onsite teams, to step in when necessary and do your best to develop their skills and utilize their full potential. A moderate amount of travel is required.
Why join Morguard
At Morguard, our employees are our greatest investment. We make people our priority and strive to create a culture of respect, health and safety, and equal opportunity to support employees to meet their goals. Our Company is made up of professionals with a deep knowledge of servicing apartment communities, who are passionate about what they do and who want to be the best in the business.
When you join Morguard, you join a strong and committed Team and will have access to:
- Employer Provided Medical Insurance Options
- Excellent culture that supports a work-life balance with time off for Summer Hours, Vacation, Personal, Sick Leave, and Paid Holidays
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Dollar for dollar matching 401k Savings Plan
- Opportunity to live onsite within the portfolio at the exclusive Employee Discount
- Conduct regular needs analyses based on property inspections and expenses to determine maintenance needs and priorities; track and monitor construction progress through site inspections and reports
- Regularly communicate with the District and/or Regional Property Managers to monitor vendors' adherence to contracts; work with them to organize, coordinate, and ensure employee participation in area specific maintenance training sessions
- Under the direction of the Director, develop detailed scopes of work and bid lists for assigned projects; analyze bids and award projects to contractors
- Supervise contractors, investigate any reported deficiencies, and correct any safety violations or other reported deficiencies. Verify completion of work and approve invoices for payment
- Lead interior unit renovations to ensure efficiency and effectiveness of the rehab programs within your portfolio
- Serve as an ambassador and role model of the Company (you are always in the spotlight!)
Experience & strengths you'll need:
- Five or more (5+) years of experience with construction, project management, and Multifamily maintenance supervision
- Success with previous renovation/rehab projects; direct experience leading maintenance programs at multi-family communities is ideal
- College degree in Construction Management or Engineering preferred.
- Willingness to spend time in the field working hands on with maintenance teams.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills; we need a leader who enjoys motivating personnel and maintaining positive relationships with our residents, our Community Managers, and area vendors
All job offers are subject to a pre-employment drug test and criminal/credit background check.
Morguard is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.