Who we are
Morguard is a fully integrated real estate company. We own, manage and invest in high-quality, well-located multifamily and commercial assets across North America. We have built our business with strong leadership and a successful management platform geared towards long term growth. With 40 years of experience and a dynamic staff of more than 1,500 professionals, we dedicate ourselves to realizing the potential of real estate through value creation and operational excellence. Today, our total assets owned and under management is valued at $21.3 billion.
A multi-family Assistant Manager for our 216 Unit, Class B Apartment Community in Bradenton, Florida, located right along the Riverwalk.
The role will earn a competitive hourly rate and is eligible for an added income via performance bonuses – added bonus available for collections on bad debt.
Heads up, your schedule will vary.
We need you full time, up to 40 hours per week. Are you someone who likes to see things through? So are we; Morguard will always compensate for overtime at time and a half whenever necessary.
Our Leasing Office is accessible to our residents; we open at 8:30 AM and close at 5:30 PM. Each Wednesday evening we close at 7:00 PM.
We ask that you be accessible to those hours and to be available to work Saturdays if necessary. Wednesday shifts from 10:00 AM to 7:00 PM are required for this role.
Your Community Manager will do their best to support any flexibility in the schedule you may need and to accommodate any advance notice of requests for time off. On weeks where you work Saturday you'll have a business day off.
Why join Morguard
At Morguard, our employees are our greatest investment. We make people our priority and strive to create a culture of respect, health and safety, and equal opportunity to support employees to meet their goals. Our company is made up of professionals with a deep knowledge of servicing apartment communities, who are passionate about what they do and who want to be the best in the business.
When you join Morguard, you join a strong and committed team and will have access to:
- Employer Provided Medical Insurance Options
- Excellent culture that supports a work-life balance with time off for Summer Hours, Vacation, Personal, Sick Leave, and Paid Holidays
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Dollar for dollar matching 401k Savings Plan
- Opportunity to live onsite within portfolio at the exclusive Employee Discount
We're looking for you
To fully support onsite Property Management Operations. This job is a training ground for promotion into Community Management. We need an encouraging and hands on person to step in when necessary, complete projects, and help to motivate the onsite team.
A few of your responsibilities
- Collect and post rent each month; work toward lowering site Delinquency and collect on bad debt
- Prepare 3 day, 7 day notices; directly deliver to unit and follow up with residents and legal counsel as necessary
- Follow all Florida legal requirements regarding Security Deposit Retention
- Maintain positive working relationships with residents, vendors, and contractors onsite
- Physically walk and inspect the property; assess for monetary damages on vacated units
The Assistant Manager is responsible for a significant portion of the on-site accounting functions, as well as leasing apartments. This position also fills the role of the person-in-charge when the primary manager is not present. Assistant Community Managers provide high quality resident service and fulfill resident service requests through the Maintenance Technicians and other service associates. Some weekends and early evenings will be required.
Experience & Strengths you'll need:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in property management in an Assistant Manager role is required, as well as a positive, “can-do” attitude, professionalism and a high level of enthusiasm.
- High School Diploma required, Bachelor's or Associates degree is ideal.
- Thorough knowledge of all applicable Federal and State Fair Housing Laws.
- Strong financial reporting, organization, and accounting skills; this role is directly responsible for onsite rent collection and requires a thorough attention to detail.
- Strong computer proficiency; this role needs a good familiarity with Yardi Voyager, Excel, and Microsoft Word.
- An excellent attitude and willingness to learn and, more than anything, a resolve to provide prompt and friendly service.
All job offers are subject to a pre-employment drug test and criminal/credit background check.
Morguard is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.