WHO WE ARE
Morguard is a fully integrated real estate company. We own, manage and invest in high-quality, well-located, geographically diversified assets across North America. We have built our business with strong leadership and a proven management platform that have generated substantial, risk-adjusted returns – and significant long-term growth. With 40 years of experience and a dynamic team of more than 1,500 professionals, our commitment is to realize the potential of real estate through value creation and operational excellence. Today, our total assets owned and under management is valued at $21.3 billion.
WHY JOIN MORGUARD
At Morguard, our employees are the company’s greatest investment. We make people our priority and strive to create a culture of respect, inclusion, health and safety, and equal opportunity to support employees to meet their goals. Our team is made up of professionals with a deep knowledge of servicing apartment communities, who are passionate about what they do and who want to be the best in the business. When you join Morguard, you join a strong and committed team. At Morguard our employees have access to competitive health plans, life insurance, company matched 401K, and more.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
The Community Manager reports to the District Manager and is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the community. The Community Manager oversees and enhances the value of the property, employs and develops the staff while maintaining positive resident relations. Community Managers provide high quality resident service and fulfill resident service requests through the Maintenance Technicians and other service associates.
A FEW OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Analyze financial statements and make necessary operating adjustments to improve the revenue stream and cost efficiencies
- Manage operational and capital budgets
- Supervise staff through positive, supportive and motivational leadership
- Preserve the asset and control costs using preventative maintenance programs
- Oversee rehab construction projects
- Maintain excellent resident relations
- Market the community effectively using multiple forms of print and Internet advertising
- Control the inventory of make ready apartments to ensure quick clean quality units
- Maintain organized lease and vendor files
- Report operational performance on a weekly and monthly basis
- Educate and train staff on all Fair Housing laws
WHAT WE REQUIRE
Minimum of 3 years’ experience in property management. High School diploma required, college degree ideal. Professional designation (CAM, ARM, CPM, etc.) helpful. Candidate should have a strong marketing and leasing background and thorough knowledge of Fair Housing Laws. The following skills are preferred: accounting, sales, customer service, strong computer literacy (familiarity with Excel, MS Word, e-mail and the Internet). Yardi is strongly preferred. Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Drug test, criminal/credit background check and reliable transportation required.