WHO WE ARE
Morguard is a fully integrated real estate company. We own, manage and invest in high-quality, well-located, geographically diversified assets across North America. We have built our business with strong leadership and a proven management platform that have generated substantial, risk-adjusted returns – and significant long-term growth. With 40 years of experience and a dynamic team of more than 1,500 professionals, our commitment is to realize the potential of real estate through value creation and operational excellence. Today, our total assets owned and under management is valued at $21.3 billion.
WHY JOIN MORGUARD
At Morguard, our employees are the company’s greatest investment. We make people our priority and strive to create a culture of respect, inclusion, health and safety, and equal opportunity to support employees to meet their goals. Our team is made up of professionals with a deep knowledge of servicing apartment communities, who are passionate about what they do and who want to be the best in the business. When you join Morguard, you join a strong and committed team. At Morguard our employees have access to competitive health plans, life insurance, company matched 401K, and more.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
The Maintenance Technician 2 reports to the Community Manager and/or Assistant Manager and is responsible for assisting the Community Manager in completing tasks that ensure the community meets safety, appearance and operational standards established by the company. Maintenance Technician 2 is an entry level maintenance position with generally 1 to 5 years experience working in the maintenance or construction trades. Maintenance Technicians respond quickly and courteously to resident requests for maintenance service, troubleshoot the source difficulty and take appropriate action to repair and/or restore service within the quality and time standards established for the community. The Maintenance Technician 2 is responsible for complying with the company’s and the community’s operating and safety policies and procedures and for adhering to federal, state and local laws pertaining to the operation of the community and Fair Housing.
- Strong commitment to company goals and values
- Perform the tasks assigned in an orderly and timely manner
- Good communicator and listener
- Possess and continually improve technical skills necessary to perform assigned maintenance
- Possess and continually improve technical skills in all areas of property maintenance
- Be committed to the success of each associate as a member of the team
- Customer Service oriented
- General knowledge of all aspects of maintenance repair and service
- Previous maintenance experience, prefer some prior apartment maintenance experience
- High school graduate; technical school preferred but not required