WHO WE ARE
Morguard is a fully integrated real estate company. We own, manage and invest in high-quality, well-located, geographically diversified assets across North America. We have built our business with strong leadership and a proven management platform that have generated substantial, risk-adjusted returns – and significant long-term growth. With 40 years of experience and a dynamic team of more than 1,500 professionals, our commitment is to realize the potential of real estate through value creation and operational excellence. Today, our total assets owned and under management is valued at $21.3 billion.
WHY JOIN MORGUARD
At Morguard, our employees are the company’s greatest investment. We make people our priority and strive to create a culture of respect, inclusion, health and safety, and equal opportunity to support employees to meet their goals. Our team is made up of professionals with a deep knowledge of servicing apartment communities, who are passionate about what they do and who want to be the best in the business. When you join Morguard, you join a strong and committed team. At Morguard our employees have access to competitive health plans, life insurance, company matched 401K, and more.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
The Corporate Recruiter focuses on creating high demand for open positions across the organization by identifying talent, selling the organization and placement the right staff in the best roles. This team member reports to the Human Resources Manager. They also partner with operations and accounting teams as well as other HR resources to provide optimal business support through the company’s recruiting activities, systems and processes. This includes actively recruiting on behalf of the organization every day of the week, while continually developing, and managing recruiting programs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1) Recruiting Programs - Responsible for the design and continuous improvement of the following company’s Human Resources Programs and Systems:
Recruitment and Selection
- Ensures that the perception of the organization and the roles within the company are presented in an optimal and compelling manner
- Assists hiring managers to design individual teams with varied skillsets to operate teams at a high level of efficiency
- Ensures required training and coaching is provided to hiring managers on the process, recruitment strategies/ resources and selection interviewing in order to secure the most qualified candidates
- Makes certain that the program is successfully communicated to all levels of the organization
- Ensures recruiting efforts effectively align with the organizational culture and values
- Continuously maintains and builds a database of potential employees through aggressive networking techniques
- Updates and maintains job descriptions.
- Performs salary benchmarking to ensure we remain competitive with local market salaries.
- Recruitment and Selection program operates in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures and is compliant with applicable legislation.
2) Recruiting Advisory - Maintains professional relationships within the recruiting profession, stays current on emerging and best practices in both the recruiting profession and real estate industry, researches and advises management and leadership on pertinent legislative changes and recommends changes to the company’s recruiting practices, policies and procedures, where required, to ensure compliance to regulatory requirements and associated risk planning.
- Solid character judgment
- Quickly identifies talent everywhere
- Highly Proactive Closer
- Ability to relate to the team at all levels of the organization and compel others to join us
- Recruitment, team building and development skills
- Ambassador of the Company’s culture
- Superior communication skills, both written and verbal. Other languages are great too
- Fantastic organizational and presentation skills
- Ability to create, implement and monitor goals, strategies and policies
- Ability to be proactive and reactive to anticipated and sudden changes especially as they relate to employment law, compliance changes and business conditions
Candidates most successful in this role will have the following:
- Progressive – Thinks outside the box and locates new talent outside the apartment and retail property management industries
- Efficiency – Possesses a true sense of urgency; completes work with accurate detail and in accordance with company standards and policies; motivated by a strong sense of duty and responsibility to the team, completing work quickly and correctly
- Interpersonal Communication – Instantly connects with people in an outgoing, friendly manner; uses thoughtful, persuasive communication skills to gain the trust, interest and involvement of others in the work process; projects enthusiasm and is a responsive leader
- Collaborative - Involves the team throughout the whole work process; promotes team participation
- Maintains an active, solid network of potential employees.
- Ethical –Always does the right thing whether it is easy or not. Engages the team with compassion
- Detail-oriented; by the book; completes work in accordance to company standards and federal/state regulations; makes decisions carefully and cautiously within the guidelines of established company policy
- Organizational Support – Recognizes and adjusts to change; maintains control of overall agenda, but includes others in a task-focused manner; creates a disciplined process.
- Continuous Self Improvement- continuing education to ensure the latest cutting edge recruiting technologies are being used.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION
- 5+ years of successful experience in recruiting type roles for all levels of management. Hospitality industry experience is a plus
- Experience with maintaining strong Industry connections via recruiting social networks including LinkedIn and other industry-related networks.
- Demonstrated knowledge of federal, state, and local employment law, as it relates to recruiting practices.