WHO WE ARE
Morguard is a fully integrated real estate company. We own, manage and invest in high-quality, well-located, geographically diversified assets across North America. We have built our business with strong leadership and a proven management platform that have generated substantial, risk-adjusted returns – and significant long-term growth. With 40 years of experience and a dynamic team of more than 1,500 professionals, our commitment is to realize the potential of real estate through value creation and operational excellence. Today, our total assets owned and under management is valued at $21.3 billion.
WHY JOIN MORGUARD
At Morguard, our employees are the company’s greatest investment. We make people our priority and strive to create a culture of respect, inclusion, health and safety, and equal opportunity to support employees to meet their goals. Our team is made up of professionals with a deep knowledge of servicing apartment communities, who are passionate about what they do and who want to be the best in the business. When you join Morguard, you join a strong and committed team. At Morguard our employees have access to competitive health plans, life insurance, company matched 401K, and more.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
The District Manager reports to the Regional Manager and is responsible for the development and implementation of the company’s standard of service including: marketing, quality control, pricing and concession programs for a portfolio of apartment communities. The District Manager is responsible for maximizing the long-term operating performance of his or her portfolio through the development and implementation property management and repositioning strategies. District Managers manage budgets and evaluate Community Managers’ performance.
This position also manages and develops marketing programs and materials such as advertising, event support and online promotions.
A FEW OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain the physical condition and operations of multiple properties through frequent site visits, inspections and audits. Participate in repositioning and redevelopment plans for each asset.
- Develop strategies to operate multiple communities efficiently in a competitive market
- Analyze financial statements and make necessary operating adjustments to improve the revenue streams and cost efficiencies
- Prepare annual property budgets with realistic goals to increase operating income while reducing expenses
- Promote the standardization of policies, procedures and forms to all communities
- Reduce apartment turnover by maintaining high company standards for customer service
- Act as a liaison between The Vice President, Regional Manager, Corporate Accounting and the Community Managers by relaying new information and corporate standards
- Ensure consistent reporting procedures are followed so that accurate information is reported back to the corporate office in a timely manner
- Work closely with other managers to ensure consistency throughout the organization
- Effectively manage personnel at multiple properties to gain efficiencies through economies of scale where appropriate
- Review and approve payment for invoices from individual properties weekly to avoid late payments
- Analyze management reports and make management software corrections as needed
- Promote a corporate culture of respect to create a sense of community for both the residents and staff
- Offer positive, supportive and motivational leadership to the Community Managers and staff
- Conduct interviews and hire management and maintenance staff at individual communities
WHAT WE REQUIRE
College degree preferred. Professional designation (ARM, CAPS, CPM, etc.) is helpful but not required. 5+ years multifamily experience, proven track record of facilitating performance improvement. Familiar with Federal, State and/or local Fair Housing laws. Exceptional background managing and marketing communities and motivating personnel. Computer literacy and familiarity with Yardi is a must. A wide degree of creativity and is expected. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. High degree of professionalism in presentations both as a motivator and representative of the organization. Must lead by example. Extensive travel is required.