The Property Administrator is accountable to the District Manager for managing daily and periodic administrative functions for the residential building to enable the property management group to achieve its business goals and objectives in providing uninterrupted property management services to Tenants.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Accounts Receivable and Collections: Assists with tenant accounts and initiates collection activities to ensure that rents are paid on a timely basis, maintains various tenant deposits.
- Accounts Payable Process: May assist maintaining monthly accruals as well as process and review all invoices in a timely manner and matches them to the purchase orders/contracts to ensure accuracy in account coding and proper approvals of documents while following up on any discrepancies to obtain final approval.
- Tenant Relations: Serves as primary point of contact addressing complex tenant issues and inquiries including collections, rent abatements, tenancy terms and conditions, tenant improvements, etc., to contribute to the tenant retention and satisfaction, and sustain optimum occupancy rates.
- Weekly, Monthly and Quarterly Reporting: Prepares weekly, monthly and quarterly reporting to provide management with resources that can be relied upon for decision making purposes, if required.
- Budgeting and Reforecasting: Assists the District Manager with the completion of monthly financial reporting, shared facilities report and annual budget.
- Marketing and Leasing: At some properties, may assist tenants with various rental and lease administration procedures including showing and renting suites to prospective tenants, issuing lease documents (completing credit, landlord and employment checks) and approves/disapproves tenant applications based on information received, records daily phone calls and traffic, and maintains suite availability records and weekly rentals; monitors advertising and makes recommendations to manager to maintain optimal occupancy.
- Tenant Notices: At some properties, may prepare paperwork such as Notice of Rent Increase and Process lease renewals or vacating notices; issues and serves all legal notices in relation to non-payment of rent and other related issues under the Residential Tenancies Act, and follows-up until matter is resolved; may be responsible for attending tribunal hearings.
- Other Property Documentation: Prepares, records, updates and distributes documentation and correspondences for building maintenance/repairs, HVAC, custodial services, parking records, etc.; maintains office supplies inventory; maintains all resident files and keeps Head Office current on resident status; offers constructive suggestions to manager regarding improvements that can be made to improve resident relations, building maintenance or administrative procedures.
- Supervision of Staff: Oversees, monitors and trains site staff ensuring compliance with company policies and procedures.Any other job related duties and/or projects that may be assigned.
Any other job related duties and/or projects that may be assigned.
Skills, Knowledge, Experience and Education
- College Diploma in Business Administration or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years experience in property administration
- Familiar with rules and regulations of the Tenancy Agreement
- Working knowledge of the Residential Tenancies Act and/or the Condominium Act (dependent on property)
- Up-to-date with City By-Laws.
- Good knowledge of MS Office applications.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Strong team building and management skills
- Creative thinking
- Ability to handle difficult situations in a professional manner.
- Ability to maintain good working relationships with all stakeholders.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
AGENCY NOTICE: Please note that Morguard does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Services Agreement with agency/recruiter, Morguard will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement and advanced solicited services from a Morguard employee, Morguard explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.
We are committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or (905) 281-5967.