We are currently hiring a Full time Permanent Plumber. You will be working with a good team in a positive environment, and get to enjoy the following perks:
- Competitive salary
- Company Benefits & Pension
- Vacation and Sick days
- Company cell phone
The Plumber is accountable to the Sr. District Manager for installations and maintenance related to pipes, fixtures and other plumbing components of the residential buildings to ensure uninterrupted performance of all building systems and programs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plumbing Maintenance: Reviews and follows blueprints to determine plumbing system layouts as well as compliance with safety codes; performs installations and repairs on pipes, fixtures and other plumbing components; locates, marks and cuts openings in walls/floors to accommodate pipes and pipe fittings using hand and power tools or machines; uses pipe fitting techniques (cutting, bending, soldering, welding, etc.) to ensure plumbing systems are properly fitted and connected, as well as installing hangers and supports; performs tests on pipes systems and fixtures using air and water pressure gauges to ensure there are no leaks; maintains regular communication with other trades to ensure all building systems meet laws and regulations, as well as efficient completion of projects. Be able to read from blueprints.
- Plumbing Inspections: Performs inspections and scheduled maintenance services on plumbing system and components to ensure it is in good working order and in compliance with laws and regulations; responsible for maintenance log keeping related to the building as well as life and safety systems.
- Tenant Services: Performs minor repairs and installations pertaining to non-structural and non-vital systems of the property as required (incl. plumbing, light fixture replacement, touch up painting, asphalt patching, installation and repair of ceramic tiles, replacement of ceiling tiles and carpeting, interior and exterior plastering, routine roof inspections, dry-walling, minor carpentry, common area door repairs, installation and maintenance of directional signage); keeps all maintenance repair logs for the property to ensure uninterrupted operation of non-vital building systems.
Any other job related duties and/or projects that may be assigned.
Skills, Knowledge, Experience and Education
- High School diploma
- Provincial Trade Certified plumber (309A Red Seal plumbing license)
- Minimum 5 years of work experience in related trades
- Knowledge of MS office programs.
- Good communication skills both verbal and written
- Excellent technical trouble-shooting and problem solving skills
- Ability to prioritize
- Ability to work independently
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong organization skills
- Self-starter with strong time management skills.
- Valid driver’s license
- Own vehicle
- 5 years of experience in a high-rise
- 306A plumbers license.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
AGENCY NOTICE: Please note that Morguard does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Services Agreement with agency/recruiter, Morguard will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement and advanced solicited services from a Morguard employee, Morguard explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.
We are committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at email@example.com or (905) 281-5967.