The Live-In Residential Superintendent is accountable to the District Manager for performing minor routine maintenance of the property to ensure the quality of work is performed and maintained to the standards established by Management.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Building and Suite Maintenance: Performs routine, preventative and ad-hoc maintenance of the building, equipment and grounds and various repairs including minor plumbing, electrical and carpentry (i.e. door repairs, installation and maintenance of directional signage, etc.) as requested by manager and/or residents and follows-up with completing the maintenance request form and forwarding to manager/property administrator for further follow-up and/or file.
- Superintendent Coverage & Emergency Response: Responds to all emergencies to investigate and resolve immediately, notifying Manager in the event of emergency (e.g. fire, flood, environmental issues, etc.); required to be on-call outside of normal working hours (e.g. evenings and weekends) as per schedule to deal complex tenant issues and inquires to contribute to tenant satisfaction and retention as well as suite turnover (e.g. putting the elevator on service for tenant move ins/outs & completing incoming/outgoing suite inspections & documentation, etc.).
- Building and Suite Cleaning: May be responsible for cleaning vacant suites (e.g., dusting, vacuuming, washing, etc.) as well as common areas including stairways, hallways, elevators, etc. following outlined cleaning schedule; patrols exterior grounds, emergency exits and stairwells, removing garbage and debris to ensure area is safe and clean; assists with compactor room and bins maintenance (garbage and recycling); ensures storage room is kept tidy, notifying manager if supplies need to be replenished or equipment is in need of repair; removes snow from building entrances and pathways, applying salt wherever required.
- Life, Safety and Emergency Systems: Ensures all building life, safety and emergency systems are maintained including routine fire alarm tests and compliance with all Health and Safety, Risk Management and environmental policies and procedures as they relate to the property; responsible for log keeping related to building general as well as life and safety systems.
- Building Security: Oversees contract security; may supervise recreational and building facilities and perform daily security checks to ensure all vacant units are locked, fire doors remain closed and unlocks laundry room doors and any other recreations rooms in the morning and locks rooms at night.
- Suite Turnover: Assists with suite turnover such as cleaning, reserving elevator, inspecting suites with incoming and outgoing residents, completes documentation and submits to manager for review; may be required to remove all garbage and clean suites once keys have been returned and/or notified by Management the suite is vacant.
- Support to Leasing and General Administrative Duties: May be required to provide support leasing/rental functions (i.e. suite showing, preparing rental/leasing documentation, etc.) and assist with daily routine administrative tasks (i.e. delivery of notices, preparing correspondence/documentation, etc.) as requested by management to ensure the ongoing operations of the property.
Any other job related duties and/or projects that may be assigned.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.AGENCY NOTICE: Please note that Morguard does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Services Agreement with agency/recruiter, Morguard will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement and advanced solicited services from a Morguard employee, Morguard explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.We are committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or (905) 281-5967.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience in related role
- Good communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to work independently and under pressure
- Ability to work under pressure
- Strong problem solving skills
- Excellent organization skills.
- Ability to handle difficult situations in a professional manner.
- Ability to maintain good working relationships with all stakeholders.
- Working knowledge of Residential Tenancies Act is an assetExposure to Yardi is an asset.